Friday, August 20, 2004

WEEK EIGHT OF FRIENDS OF FRIDAY FORUM

Hello! Well I just found two excellent links to two amazing articles. Both are out of The Progressive. The first is from Helen Thomas (White House press room journalist).
http://www.progressive.org/august04/intv0804.html
She basically tells what it's like trying to ask our "wonderful” president a question. The second is by Howard Zinn:
http://www.progressive.org/august04/zinn0804.html
The first article I thought was interesting because I would love to be in the press briefing room at the White House. I would love to give good George a two-part question. (I guess he can't handle them.) I wrote this early because I will be in the battle ground state of Wisconsin latter this week (La Cross to be exact) being interviewed for a job. All I hope is that I can finally settle down and I also hope that I will be able to vote in November. Michelle [North Dakota]

QUOTE OF THE WEEKPolitics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx