Friday, July 23, 2004

WEEK FOUR OF "FRIENDS OF FRIDAY FORUM"

How long have I known Char?    Let's just put it this way - the "I Love The 1980s" specials on VH1 have great resonance for us!  I've known Char since the Jim Dale ... hanging out in front of the St James Theatre ... eating at Barrymore's days.  And that's all I'll say about that, as we can both tell stories on each other!  This week, I head to Wausau Wisconsin for a business trip.  Now I understand that corporate America has needs, but there are a few things I need to get off my chest:
 
1. Every hotel should have a pool - clean, well lit and user friendly.  I know it's a training/conference center, but everyone needs somewhere to release their stress.
 
2. Wherever you're being sent, cheese should not be considered an appetizer, main course and/or dessert option.
 
3. People over the age of 25 should not be required to do homework unless they are also guaranteed a Spring Break (Girls Gone Wild optional).
 
4. Have decent cable in the hotel rooms - after listening to someone drone on about actuarial tables all day, I reserve the right to zone out while watching SoapNet, Comedy Central or HGTV at night.  If my TV only shows network and farm reports, at least give me a DVD player and some rental options at the front desk!
 
That's my rant for the week.  And hey, don't be surprised if you get a block of fine Wisconsin cheddar for Christmas.  http://hometown.aol.com/ghbaby60/myhomepage/index.html
Patricia [Syracuse, NY]

Quote Of The Day ... Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.  -  Benjamin Franklin

Hello Friends of Friday! Just a quick hello for Char's cool blog.  My internship is going well. I was just hired as a studio camera person/weekend photographer (CBS station).  I'm still looking for a job (turned one down in Florida, little money & bad hours).  But, I'm looking forward to seeing the Democratic convention this coming week.  It'll be interesting to see what happens in Bean town.  Also the 9/11 report is out, the OFFICAL government report.  But, the highlight of the coming week is going to be the release of the Benaroya Hall cd.  It's amazing.........Michelle [North Dakota]